Senior Quantity Surveyor
We have a number of Senior QS vacancies to support regional areas for our defence contracts at Amey. Roles that cover the North, East or West can be based out of Catterick, Wyton or Sutton Coldfield respectively. You will be managing packages of works up to £5m in value from tender through to delivery, many of which are complex in nature and all of a secure nature.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensure NEC3 contract processes and procedures are adhered to at all times, advising and supporting as required, and deliver change management
- Attend Risk Meetings, review risk registers and follow risk management processes
- Identify business priorities and to plan work effectively, by building controls and milestones
- Support Service Delivery and Additional Services to incorporate sustainable solutions and support the Sustainability programme incorporating the reduction of the carbon footprint and the reduction of utility consumption across the MoD estate
- Support Area Relationship Improvement Plan with DIO and area specific supply chain, in line with
- Liaise closely with site and area management teams, DIO and End Users to build effective relationships
- Ensure the Area teams are fully aware at all times of its responsibilities, obligations and limitations under the service delivery contract
- Assist Commercial Managers with dispute avoidance and any dispute resolution
- Management and resolution of queries submitted by Supply Chain regarding Core Services pricing
- Maintain commercial control to ensure planned milestone payments are achieved, final accounts are closed to meet the business targets
- Monitor and review Supply Chain performance
- Manage supplier payments in line with contractual and company policy
- Assist in the development and implementation of commercial risk management procedures
- Assist Commercial Manager in monitoring and presenting monthly cost reports as required
- Carry out adjudications for Additional Services as per delegated authority
What are we looking for?
The successful candidates will come from a strong QS / Commercial background, ideally from within a defence or military environment. As you will be based from a secure site you will need to go through full security clearance.
- Commercial experience in construction, property maintenance or related field including:
- Developing cost models
- Risk Analysis & Management
- Preparation of work proposals/tenders
- Dispute resolution
- Excellent working knowledge of commercial processes
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Fraud prevention
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships and a collaborative working environment
- Experience of operating in a military environment
- Experience of working on complex, multi- site operations
- Knowledge of BS11000 Collaborative
- Familiarity of Regional Prime and NEC3 contracting requirements
- Ability to motivate local team through clear, effective direction, delegation, decision making and strive for excellence in personal and team objectives
- Plan resources effectively, set clear objectives and monitor to ensure milestones and targets are met
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better