Lend Lease Construction works in four continents, delivering ground breaking places such as London's Olympic Village, the Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia and the Sydney Opera House.
Our reputation is founded on how we have achieved these and the many other challenging projects. Meticulous safety standards, an ongoing pursuit of improved sustainability and a creative approach to problem solving all play a part in achieving high standards and high levels of success.
And so naturally we are seeking those with the highest potential to achieve. Build your career with us.
Job Purpose and Scope:
The BIM Manager will be the most competent (BIM Knowledge) member of the team, and other members of the team will rely on him/her to keep the project on-track relative to the agreed project BIM strategy. Work will involve interaction with the project team, designers, clients, internal Lendlease support functions, and inputting into managing BIM coordinators as required and as necessary by the projects to deliver BIM outcomes/deliverables. Developing project BIM protocols and procedures, Training, mentoring, coaching, trouble shooting, mediation, auditing the team, influencing the way they work and the data they produce would all be part of the role. In summary a Highly rewarding role that places the successful candidate at the centre of prestigious Lendlease projects and at the forefront of BIM implementation. Responsibilities outlined below will be supported by the input of BIM coordinators as and when necessary for the needs of the projects.
- Procedure and protocols - Across projects within role scope, develop and maintain project BIM strategy, EIR, BIM scopes for the project team, BIM Execution Plan (BEP), and other required BIM standards.
- Consultants appointment - Working closely with our development team and help them appoint consultants with appropriate BIM obligations as part of their appointment contracts including BIM capability assessment of the project team
- Subcontractors appointment - Working closely with our construction team and help them appoint subcontractors with appropriate BIM scopes as part of their appointment contracts including BIM capability assessment of the project team
- Implementing BIM - Enforce project BIM strategy, 3D/BIM coordination workflows using Navis Manage, and BEP across the project team and police it on a regular basis to ensure that the project BIM is developed progressively in the right format
- Audit - Regular review and audit of the project BIM and prepare audit reports
- Meetings - Chair internal and external BIM meetings as a client side BIM representative
- Reporting - Regular reporting of the project BIM activities to internal and external stakeholders
- Visualisation - Managing/delivering appropriate visuals to team members to support their work including tenant presentations, internal design presentations etc
- Design - Working closely with the respective design teams to ensure that Lend Lease needs have been understood and incorporated. Interrogate the design information being developed for incorporation into the model to ensure that is robust, in the appropriate format and of sufficient quality for acceptance.
- Safety - Support the H&S effort through the model functionality to support safety initiatives on the project.
- Logistics - Working closely with our internal construction team and help planning and construction teams optimise the site logistics through the model
- Clash Prevention - Interrogation of the design input of the model to identify clashes and produce and manage a clash register as a secondary check to the design team's clash prevention activity.
- Procurement - Interface with and support the procurement team to package work scopes for inquiry including trade specific BIM scope and BIM capability assessment etc
- 4D - Interface with the Project Planner and Primavera P6 package to create virtual build of the project phases, site wide logistics etc
- Asset Management - Work with internal as well as tenant asset management team and produce project BIM outputs to smoothly link with the asset management systems
- Green - Promote BIM to optimise the projects sustainability credentials
Essential Criteria :
- Min Degree level qualification relating to architecture, engineering or construction.
- First-hand knowledge/experience of Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage, Synchro, and Solibri.
- Hands on experience with BIM/3D based project delivery
- Excellent knowledge of PAS1192-2:2013, BS1192:2007, and other relevant UK BIM standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong technical writing and reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of data - information exchange protocols.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Min 5 yrs experience of BIM Management on large multi-disciplinary projects.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.