Part-time Switchboard Operator (24 h/w) - Hilton London Tower Bridge
Looking to join a culture of excellence as a Switchboard Telephonist and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
“We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!”
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Why join the Hilton family as a Switchboard Telephonist?
- “It’s your world” –Your next role could be as a Front Office Shift Leader or Supervisor, or why not move into a different department like Sales, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
- Personal Development programmes for Receptionists, Shift Leaders and Managers.
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
- Upselling incentives
What will I be doing?
As a Switchboard Telephonist, you will accept, deliver and respond to Guest and management messages, enquiries and emergencies using their knowledge of the hotel facilities, services, and the local vicinity to quickly respond to the customer. A Switchboard Telephonist contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Achieve positive outcomes from Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Accept and deliver all messages correctly and promptly for both Guests and management
- Ensure all wake up calls take place at the correct time
- Demonstrate knowledge of all hotel facilities and service and use up-selling techniques to promote these offerings when the appropriate
- Handle emergency calls immediately and relay comprehensive and accurate information, as required
What are we looking for?
Switchboard Telephonists serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills, especially on the telephone
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficience
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
To apply for this role
- We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to you within the next 2 weeks.
- In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage