Technician- Document Controller
Amey Consulting- Power
Amey provides a major design capability in electrical transmission and distribution services for 400kV through to 11kV substations. We have over 20 years of experience in this sector; and offer services through the entire project lifecycle from feasibility, design and construction of new substations and refurbishment and reconfiguration of existing substations.
Within the power market much of our work is carried out under long-term framework agreements with our network clients. Our professional services encompass power industry consultants, civil and electrical engineering disciplines, project management and planning. These are supported by all the necessary health, safety, environmental and quality management processes to ensure reliable and effective delivery.
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to the Principal Engineering Manager and working as part of a dedicated multi-disciplined Engineering team the technical document controller will maintain the engineering database and issue drawings and documents to operational sites and clients.
In a typical week you will:
- Maintain engineering database keeping a record of all drawings logged into the system and issued.
- Create document transmittals for all drawings issued to site, contractors and Client.
- Scan and upload signed documents to Client's system.
- Electronic filing of drawings.
- Scanning, printing, filing.
- Basic administration duties as required.
What are we looking for?
- Qualification in GCSE Maths and English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office (Excel & Word)
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD (beneficial)
- Able to work within a team
- Communicate effectively with the Principal Engineering Manager and amongst the wider team
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being. You'll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better