Policy and Strategic Partnerships Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity to provide leadership for a leading charity in their Cymru office.
Position: Policy and Strategic Partnerships Manager
Location: Cymru office, Ruthin
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £32,000 - £37,500
Benefits: Include 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 days with service increments) plus 8 bank holiday, Personal Pension Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Online Discount Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Staff Awards Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Flexible working patterns
Closing Date: 10th February
Interview Date: 19th February
Our clients Cymru office is the office for Wales supported by the Welsh Government. As the national representative of nurseries, they provide a strategic link between Government and frontline practitioners and early years’ settings, focusing on the shared goal of policy and practice that improves outcomes for children.
They are committed to supporting the Welsh Government’s aims of tackling poverty and developing and strengthening its support for day nursery provision throughout Wales.
This Policy and Strategic Partnerships Manager will provide leadership for the Cymru office in meeting their overall goals. It exists to provide the strategic link between the Cymru office and key stakeholders in the Welsh Government, key partners in the early year’s sector, local authorities and other national organisations. The Policy and Strategic Partnerships Manager will work to ensure the sustainable development of the Cymru team and enhance the organisation’s reputation and relationships with partners and early years’ providers across Wales.
As Policy and Strategic Partnerships Manager you will be an outstanding communicator with the ability to lead a team and colleagues across an organisation to achieve results. You will have:
- A good honours degree or equivalent
- A good knowledge of the early years and childcare sector.
- An understanding of what constitutes quality in early years and childcare.
- An understanding of the regulatory framework for early years in Wales.
- Experience of working at a senior advisory/management level within education, childcare or related sector.
- An understanding of Government and local policy in Wales.
- Demonstration of ability to develop strategy.
- Experience of multi-agency work.
- Demonstrable experience of project development work.
- Experience of developing, writing and submitting project bids.
- A proven track record and credibility in working with local authorities including experience of strategic planning and project management.
- A thorough understanding of potential sources of funding for the development third sector organisations or childcare services.
To apply you will be asked to submit your CV along with a covering letter detailing how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role.
About the Organisation
Our client is a national charity and membership association specifically for nurseries. They work in partnership with nurseries, local authorities, national government and a range of partners to develop an environment in which early learning and care can flourish.
The organisation is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and is actively opposed to discrimination in society.
You may have experience in areas such as Policy, Strategy, Strategic, EYF, Early Years, Nursery, Nurseries, Policy and Strategic Manager, Policy Manager, Strategy Manager, Strategic Manager.