Senior Contracts Manager- Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
Read more about our Aviation work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/aviation
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Aviation business for an ambitious and talented Senior Contracts Manager within the Q6 Framework at Heathrow Airport.
As a Senior Contracts Manager you will be accountable for the quality, timely and technical delivery of operational projects to ensure all operations are delivered efficiently and effectively. It will involve challenging current working practices and procedures, and building a belief in best approach.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
As a Senior Contracts Manager you will:
- Ensure that frameworks/projects/contracts are delivered in full compliance with health and safety, quality and environmental legislation as well as compliant with Morgan Sindall and customer procedures
- Liaise and develop the relationship with the customer
- Monitor progress against the works programme and manage the impact of additional work and delays
- Ensure the most effective and efficient use of resources and any subsequent recovery to satisfactory completion
- Create team spirit and develop the project delivery team to create a high-performing team
- Provide effective leadership ensuring full compliance with all Morgan Sindall policies and procedures
- Achieve profitable business results through adding value within the integrated team
- Deliver the customers outputs achieving the predetermined key performance measures and aligning this with the achievement of perfect delivery on all of our projects
- Maintain commercial tension to drive out cost and challenge the status quo
- Establish effective people management and performance processes to ensure a high performing and dynamic team
- Focus on improving customer perception
- Delivery of Morgan Sindall 100% SAFE targets
- Ensure programme delivery
- Challenge design and construction methods to ensure the safest most cost effective methods are used
- Strong experience within Civil Engineering environment (Airfields preferable but not essential)
- Awareness of the issues and processes required by the customer
- Knowledge of all aspects of legislative compliance, including employment law, health and safety, and environment
- Awareness of future workload and commercial drivers
About the Heathrow Team:
Morgan Sindall is 1 of 4 Delivery Integrators working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projectors working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projects that include civil engineering, mechanical and electrical and building works throughout the footprint of Heathrow Airport. We have a long history of successfully delivering works at Heathrow Airport and our reputation has been founded upon this. We have over 200 employees, including a direct labour force delivering these projects and a well-developed and trusted supply chain. We have a plan for long term growth year on year and this is underpinned by our recruitment programme, including experienced managers, a graduate recruitment process and also strengthening of our self-performing capabilities through investment in apprentices. Looking forwards there is even greater opportunities at Heathrow Airport within the next expansion plans and further afield the 3rd runway development.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.