National Media Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to use your communication skills, PR expertise and media relationship building experience, to promote a leading charity as National Media Manager.
Position: National Media Manager (Maternity Cover)
Location: Office-based in Fleet, with some working from home days negotiable
Salary: £38,760 pa (part-time pro rata)
Hours: Full-time 35 hours or part-time negotiable; minimum 21 hours per week
Duration: Fixed term, maternity cover
Benefits: Enhanced pension scheme, non-contributory pension scheme (10% employer contribution), enhanced holiday allowance, all employees will be entitled to 5 normal working weeks’ annual leave a year, plus normal bank holidays, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance (on completion of probation period), Income Protection & Group Life cover.
Closing date: 10am 20th February 2020
Interview date: w/c 24th February 2020
About the Role
As a National Media Manager you will be acting as a national spokesperson and building key media relationships to promote and increase the organisations brand awareness and equity.
Key duties include:
- Leading an outward Public Relation strategies and key initiatives as well as develop a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Building, managing and leveraging strong relationships with media outlets and partners, seeking to secure opportunities in order to meet acquisition targets.
- Overseeing the public face of the organisation, ensuring quality and consistency in content and messaging and that the brand message is communicated.
- Monitor press and online mentions of the organisation, and manage media responses to issues and incidents.
To flourish in this role, the National Media Manager will need:
- To be personally committed to the Christian faith. There’s an occupational requirement for the holder of this role to be a practising Christian, in order to promote Compassion’s ethos and help others to experience, explore and express the faith-based motivation of our work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven past experience of exceptional angle finding, storytelling and efficient writing skills.
- Past experience of leading in the role of spokesperson for an organisation.
- Experience of media monitoring and measurement software.
- Experience in the industry, with experience specifically in the UK Christian press and media
- Excellent and precise project management skills.
- Educated to at least A level standard and/or be able to show relevant work-based experience in a results driven organisation
- Core office/administrative skills.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as our client reserves the right to change the closing date of thier vacancies. Late applications may be considered.
Please note that we can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and all candidates must be able to respect, uphold and work within our client’s Christian mission, values, culture and faith statements.
Compassion is a child-focused ministry; we believe every child should be known, loved and protected. One area of the interview will explore your personal commitment to child protection. A satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Media, Press, Media Relationships, PR, Public Relations, Media Strategy, National Media, NFP, Charity, Children, Meltwater,