SHE Advisor - Flexible Working Available
Location: Tideway, London
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Would you like to be part of working on a hugely important and complex project that will support Sellafield’s 100 year decommissioning mission?
As SHE advisor you will provide subject matter expertise and direction ensuring the continuous improvement to safety, health and environmental (SHE) performance.
As a SHE advisor you will:
- Ensure compliance with SHE legislation, industry, and Morgan Sindall standards
- Provide advice and support management teams, employees and those working with us supporting our 100% Safe value and our Perfect Delivery philosophy
- Carry out duties set out in the Morgan Sindall SHE policy and procedures and the contract specific Collaborative Management Plan
- Report accurately and effectively on SHE matters
- Support and advise all Morgan Sindall management, staff, and those working with us, in regards our action/improvement plans and measures for minimising risk
- Carry out appropriate monitoring at work locations
- Ensure compliance withCollaborative Management Plan and associated arrangements
- Contribute to the development of the SHE strategy and management system including review and feedback on improvements
Skills and Experienced required:
- Technical or Chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) or general NEBOSH certificate
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum
- Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (desirable)
- Good understanding of SHE processes, procedures and permits including RAMS
- In depth knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Experience in construction and civil engineering techniques in a complex and highly regulated major project environment
- Construction and civil engineering industry experience and knowledge of risk management
- Knowledge of occupational health and behavioural based safety
- Ability to develop friendly and professional customer focused relations with others
- Flexible and dynamic
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.