Scrum Master - Agile Project Manager
4 days left
- Contract Type
We are News UK: a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
We are Technology: an innovative department with people and product at our heart, and winners of the Real IT Awards 2018 “Best Place to Work in Digital”. Passionate and trusted experts creating industry-leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent. Christina Scott (CIO of the Year, Women in Technology 2016), leads the department and has worked for many years transforming technology teams in media companies.
We are The Times: The Times informs, entertains, campaigns and innovates. Our technology team is at the heart of this innovation and helps support a highly creative, multi-channel media operation that has a heritage of modernity, of being first and creating change.
We’re looking for an Agile PM to join The Times. The Times Newspaper Digital Team are comprised of cross functional development teams within the wider Technology department who following Agile software development methodologies. Working closely with our stakeholders in Editorial and across the business your role will help ensure the team keep closely aligned to their objectives whilst adapting to the ever changing world of News.
You’ll work with passionate teams who look to experiment and drive the product forward across the web and apps for the Times and the Sunday Times to meet the changing needs of our users. You should be capable of adapting and evolving Agile processes with your peer Scrum Masters and Programme Manager, and provide mentoring and advice to others. We fundamentally believe the agile process is key to achieving success but understand that quality delivery is the most important consideration.
You’ll show passion for technical challenges and the bravery to take risks with bold ideas. We want you to help us build self-organised, highly motivated teams with the curiosity to unravel complex problems and the optimism to take exciting, innovative approaches.
Our teams are based in London and off-shore so experiences and understanding of the challenges with remote working will be beneficial.
The role will be with our Content Stream focussed on delivering value showcasing the depth and breadth of our world class journalism.
We support flexible working in the Times and are keen to hear from people coming from any Project Management background.
What We’re Looking For From You Delivering Value
- Leading the delivery across multiple teams by prioritising around business value and validating benefits with customers
- Exemplary management of stakeholders through proactive communication and exception handling
- Using metrics effectively to identify and implement opportunities for improvement in teams’ processes, and to capture the effectiveness of changes
- Taking a methodical approach to prioritising team improvements by balancing cost vs. value to the team
Facilitating with Impact
- Tailoring facilitation techniques to achieve great outcomes from challenging situations
- Versatility in facilitation approaches (including facilitating from the sidelines) to foster greater collaboration between colleagues
Leading with Agility
- Application of Agile approaches to build collaborative, cross-functional teams delivering value to the business
- Using Agile techniques to start teams from scratch with a clear approach for building backlogs, establishing delivery cadence and managing finances
- Using Agile techniques to transform complex, high-level business proposals into a roadmap with a clear, accurately estimated release plan
- Managing your teams’ dependencies through influence, collaboration and organisation
Apply for Scrum Master - Agile Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly