Technical Project Manager - Flexible Working Available
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Project Manager.
The Technical Project Manager will report into the Technical Project Lead. The Technical Project Manager will be accountable for planning and implementing projects within the Cloud & Infrastructure team taking responsible for organizing and controlling specific project elements such as procurement plans and tender from initiation through delivery.
The role is specifically aligned to the Enterprise Services and Security function, who’s focus it is to provide exceptional service to all customers, internal and external to the business.
The Technical Project Manager will:
- Provide oversight to and planning of projects to support maintenance and change activities
- Ensure project governance processes are adhered to, collaborating with stakeholders to ensure there is cross-functional representation; cross-functional partnership to remove impediments; accurately reports on comprehensive project status weekly
- Provide project leadership and accurately reports on project progress relative to schedule, scope, budget, and quality
- Create Procurement Plans, tender documents and perform other procurement related tasks.
- Perform Business Analysis duties if required.
Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Visio are preferred
- Proven history of managing technical projects in an agile framework
- Experience working on medium to large infrastructure projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of users and with management
- Ability to comprehend technical subjects including systems architecture, as well as document/translate the basic meaning behind these subjects
- Knowledge of ITIL framework is preferred
- Project Management certification preferred
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.