Estates Manager - Flexible Working Available
We have a new opportunity for an Estates Manager who will provide critical guidance and leadership on all planning and estates matters relating to our Scottish and Overseas business. If you are looking for a role where you're given scope to operate as a true partner to the business, that brings huge variety and gives you the freedom to act under your own initiative, this is an unique opportunity to progress your career.
About the role
Based from our Scottish Regional office in Motherwell and working as part of a close knit team you will deliver a role that is pivotal to our business and includes working on exciting projects like the continued development of Glensanda Quarry - the only coastal super Quarry in the UK. Other elements to the role include:
- Managing all acquisitions/disposals of freehold and leasehold property and landlord/tenant relationships across Scotland
- Overseeing all planning matters including obtaining planning permissions with subsequent monitoring and compliance.
- Managing a diverse portfolio of operational and non-operational property in Scotland including quarries, concrete plants, asphalt plants and wharves
- Monitoring and consulting of Unitary, County and District Local Plans
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders on planning and property matters
- Maintaining the forward plan for reserves replenishment across Scotland
- Liaising and management of external consultants including lawyers, surveyors and rating specialists
- Assisting the Regional Estates Manager - Midlands, North & Scotland in coordination of the annual Restoration Provision Review, liaising with the Finance team, senior operational management and the remainder of the Planning & Estates team.
- Management of the Scotland Let Properties budget in order to maximise rental income wherever possible.
What will you bring?
- Significant experience working as a Planner / Estates Surveyor / Property Manager and hold membership to a relevant professional body (RICS or RTPI)
- Strong experience working within large scale infrastructure, utility or development projects.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with a huge variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience delivering positive business outcomes working under your own initiative, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities, handle conflict and time pressures.
- Relevant experience working in the Quarrying industry would be highly advantageous
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.