Are you looking for a job that provides a real sense of satisfaction, where you can look forward to going to work each day? Then being a Support Worker is the role for you!
Location: Burton Latimer
Salary: £19,088 per annum (£9.92 per hour) plus enhancements
Hours: 37 per week, full time - part time and bank hours available
Closing Date: 29th February 2020
As well as a great benefits package which includes; flexible, family friendly working policies and generous annual leave, our client fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided, as well as opportunities to progress within the organisation. In short, it’s a great place to work!
What is involved in the role of Support Worker?
Working as a Support Worker with our client, you will be working with a care project rated “outstanding” by CQC and helping to make a positive difference in the lives of vulnerable people.
Some of your main duties will include:
- Supporting service users to express themselves and make informed choices and decisions about their lives in a way that respects their dignity and rights
- Devise and implement individual care and/or support plans
- Maintaining good health and hygiene, administering medications and personal care e.g. dressing, washing, shaving and going to the toilet etc.
- Accessing work, education or training
- Enjoying leisure time, activities and cultural beliefs in the community and keeping in touch with family and friends
- Light domestic duties such as cooking, cleaning etc.
Are you right for the role of Support Worker?
Our client’s project is for adults with autism and learning disabilities, they are looking for looking for caring and motivated individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Experience of supporting people with Autism and/learning disabilities
- Resilient and confident, with the ability to demonstrate a robust and safe approach to dealing with challenging/complex behaviours
- A positive attitude and a proactive team player
- The ability to undertake the elements of moving and handling involved in the role
- A full UK driving license
- A flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the role
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates. As part of their LGBT + Allies Programme, they also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker, etc.