Our client is recruiting for motivated, enthusiastic and positive thinking Support Workers to join the team in a brand new bespoke 'housing with support' scheme at Saxon Court in Northampton. No experience necessary!
Salary: £16,816 - £19,088pa (£8.74 to £9.92 per hour) + enhancements
Hours: there are various contracts available and welcome applicants that are looking for part-time or full-time opportunities.
Closing Date: 29th February 2020
As well as a great benefits package which includes; flexible, family friendly working policies and generous annual leave, our client fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided, as well as opportunities to progress within the organisation. In short, it’s a great place to work!
About the role of Support Worker:
Do you want to be part of something new and exciting with an established Care & Support provider, rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC in Northampton?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of the set up team for this new service. It will be home to 17 residents with complex learning disabilities and or have a condition on the autistic spectrum with behaviours that concern and associated mental health conditions.
Some of the key responsibilities for the role include:
- helping residents integrate and live independently in the community.
- providing emotional wellbeing support and advice, encouraging residents to access befriending and advocacy services.
- Support with day to day life including things such as making friends, personal care, painting, bowling, reading, going to the gym, park, cinema; cooking cleaning, cooking tasty balanced meals or even watching football… you name it.
Although the role will be challenging it will also be highly rewarding and you would be making a difference in someone’s life and putting a smile on their face.
You don’t need to have experience in care as our client will provide you with the required training to help you fully meet the needs of the residents. All you need is:
- Common sense,
- A ‘can do’ attitude,
- A willingness to learn and share the values of the organisation
- A flexible approach to work, as the shift times will be reliant on what activities the residents have
If you feel that Support Work could be for you then come along to our client’s Recruitment Open Day on Thursday 13th February 11am to 2.30pm at 102 Lyttleton Road, Northampton, NN5 7BF.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.