Our client is recruiting for motivated, enthusiastic and positive thinking Support Workers to join the team in a supported living service at Lyttleton Road in Northampton.
Salary: £16,816 - £19,088 pa (£8.74 - £9.92ph) + enhancements for Night Working
Hours: Full time & Part time hours available
Closing Date: 1st March 2020 - Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis
As well as a great benefits package and flexible, family friendly working policies, our client fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided, as well as opportunities to progress within the organisation. In short, it’s a great place to work!
About the role of Support Worker:
As a Support Worker you’ll need to use your observational and organisational skills to write detailed support plans for our residents to ensure they are receiving the support they need, and to promote and support their recovery.
Schedules and plans are often part of the process to enable residents to see exactly what they’ll be doing each day, enabling and encouraging independence and providing them with opportunities, you’ll gain a real sense of job satisfaction seeing the residents you support blossom, and develop their skills for life.
You will be working with people with learning disabilities to increase their independence and inclusion and supporting people to maximise control over their lives. You will provide physical and emotional support and health care of the highest standard, ensuring that respect, dignity and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Are you brilliant at budgeting? A pro at paperwork? A star at writing support plans?
These are important skills that will not only ensure our residents are receiving the highest standard of support at all times
Don’t sweat it if you haven’t got any experience!
No problem if you haven’t got any experience in the care sector as you will be provided with free mandatory and also specialist training. You just need to be willing to learn and undertake the relevant training requirements which will equip you with the skills you need to be successful in the role.
Support doesn’t stop – so you will be required to work on a shift basis over a 24 hour period including weekends, bank holidays. A 33% bonus is paid for waking nights and double time paid for Christmas and New Year shifts.
Our clients has some great reasons to work for them, benefits included with the role of Support Worker include:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by NCHA and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.