Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
Read more about our Aviation work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/aviation
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Aviation business for an ambitious and talented Commercial Manager within the Q6 Framework at Heathrow Airport.
We are looking for a Commercial Manager to manage all commercial aspects including the preparation and pricing of contracts, supporting the bid team and working with the design and delivery teams to ensure costs savings are successfully delivered.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
- Develop and agree a commercial strategy which achieves budget and maximises profitability
- Lead, manage and develop the wider commercial team
- Manage commercial risk and opportunity
- Ensure all commercial reporting procedures are adhered to
- Act as a single point of contact for all commercial, legal, financial and administrative issues with the customer, suppliers and subcontractors
- Partner with technical experts to provide regular commercial insight on the performance of supply chain organisations contracted to projects, enabling the project to make informed decisions about contract variation
- Manage the relationships with our customers’ commercial teams to ensure a constructive relationship is maintained throughout the lifecycle of all projects
- Ensure commercial / contractual arrangements comply with all applicable legislative, regulatory and corporate standards
- Develop, implement and continually review procedure and practice to ensure the effective commercial management of contracts
- Assess compensation events, claims and disputes regarding the contracts
- Demonstrate leadership by developing a culture to minimise claims
- Ensure commercial risks are identified analysed and managed
- Ensure all commercial and procurement reporting procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring accurate forecast in place for the business area projects
- Accurate cost value reconciliations to be in place for all projects which are to be reviewed and interrogated monthly
- Develop, implement and manage project commercial strategies
- Manage a commercial team, ensuring best practice and lessons learnt are effectively communicated
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (CIOB)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the commercial management of high-value contracts
- The ability to manage high-value contractual disputes to successful conclusion
- Strong project management skills with experience in procurement, contract and financial management and familiar with civil engineering contracts, including forms of contract
- Ability to manage the commercial aspects of complex and long-term contracts of significant value
- Significant ability in providing commercial expertise to technical specialists within a large-scale project environment
- Significant experience managing supplier relationships nationally for projects on a similar scale
- Ability in developing and implementing commercial frameworks
- Technical understanding of the core phases of construction projects