Schools Accountant - Term Time Only
What you'll be doing:
- Carry out the requirements of the service specification to maintained schools for the Accountancy Service, and other financial services purchased by schools.
- Provide advice and guidance on financial matters such as budget costing, budgetary control, year-end budget forecasts, financial systems and documentation, Contract Standing Orders for Schools, accounting requirements, HMRC VAT regulations, cash-flow monitoring.
- Attend adhoc daytime and evening meetings with Governors to give financial advice, present monitoring reports and to deal with financial issues.
- To provide a "School Business Manager" service to schools covering some of the following areas -
1. Management support
2. Finance/accountancy Plus
3. HR Administration
4. Risk management/Health & safety
5. Procurement and contract management,
- To provide a "Financial Service" to an Academy in accordance with the Service Agreement and the requirements of the DfE/EFA and legislation and regulations relevant to the academy Trust as a company and charity.
- Make visits to schools to provide support on topics such as implementation of audit reports, use of the accounting package, preparation of year end returns, auditing of schools unofficial funds.
What we're looking for:
- An excellent communicator with staff and customers; able to explain financial matters to non-financial staff
- A competent user of accounting packages and Microsoft Office
- AAT or part/full qualified accountant
- Able to prioritise tasks and work under time limits to deliver a service specification
- A car owner/driverWilling to work in a number of different locations
- Experience of schools finance and business management
- A full accounting qualification (e.g. CIPFA or other CCAB or CIMA)
- Certificate in School Business Management
- Able to influence Headteachers re solutions to budget or financial control issues
- Able to supervise and motivate staff.
About Capita Public Services
Capita Local Public Services delivers a wide range of specialist services to local authorities, schools, academies and other public sector organisations, including IT and digital transformation, customer management, revenues, benefits, finance, property development and regulatory services, education support and back office processing.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Term Time only role offered Part/Full Time 25-37.5 hours
- Varied and interesting role based at various school sites in London Borough of Barnet
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.