Competition Economist - Associate - Part Time Available
Economic Consultant (Associate) – Competition Economics (full time or part time considered)
Fideres is an economic consulting firm specialised in economic analysis of competition litigation matters. Our team includes more than 20 economists based in London, Frankfurt and New York. Many hold MScs and PhDs from leading economics departments in Europe and the US.
We have developed innovative modelling techniques for highly complex competition and financial issues, and our work has contributed to a heightened standard of economic evidence in litigation globally, particularly in class action.
We are proud of our values and our diverse and international workforce, and we are committed to building a working environment where employees feel safe, welcome and able to have an open and respectful dialogue on diversity issues.
About our role
We are looking for a candidate with exceptional communication skills to assist in the delivery of Fideres’ consulting mandates. This will typically involve analysing new cases, conducting detailed statistical analysis and presenting results to clients.
- Working directly with clients running meetings and presentations with some supervision
- Coaching analysts on Fideres processes, writing styles and analytical methodologies
- Performing all analytical tests and approaches of a project under supervision
- Introducing new techniques for analysis in collaboration with the project managers
- Conducting detailed statistical analysis of market manipulation allegations as part of the delivery of Fideres’ expert consulting mandates
- Pricing structured interest rate products, e.g. swaps, caps, floors, and conducting analysis on products’ sensitivities to interest rates, breakage costs, etc.
- Writing comprehensive reports that summarize the key findings of our analysis in a simple, succinct manner
- Verbally presenting key findings to clients in a manner that allows them to understand both the results and how they impact their own clients
- Responding to client requests in a timely and helpful fashion
- Keeping on top of market developments to generate new case ideas
- Maintaining up-to-date records in Fideres’s CRM and Project Management systems
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in an economic consultancy dealing with competition economics litigation
- In-depth understanding of finance and litigation industries
- Knowledge of key structured interest rate and credit instruments, particular payoff structures and pricing
- The ability to write, speak and present on complex issues in simple terms, understandable by those with no financial background
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, and proficiency in both python and R
- MSc in Economics
- Integrity, and a creative, curious mind
- An interest in coaching and developing others
What we offer
You will get to work in a highly innovative environment where training and development is put at the top of the agenda to ensure that our staff are at the leading edge of their academic knowledge, and where rapid career progression is available to proactive employees who reach out for opportunities.
We offer flexible working hours, competitive salaries, and highly attractive, annual performance bonuses. Our compensation structure is transparent, to ensure that our employees know they are being paid fairly against their peers and understand their long-term compensation progression.
We also offer a range of competitive benefits which includes gym membership subsidies, staff events, 25 days holiday plus a holiday purchase scheme, charitable giving via payroll and paid time off for charitable events, private health insurance and other benefits.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining your motivation to join Fideres and your interest in the role offered to the email@example.com.
Please note that we consider a thoughtful and considered cover letter to be an integral part of your application, and we will not consider applications that do not include one.