Willmott Dixon is driven by quality and customer service and to this day we remain family owned and take pride in our core values. We are passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development.
We understand the key to our expansion is through ensuring we provide development management solutions to our public sector customers. For this reason we are looking to expand our team and recruit a Development Manager for our South East region.
This role will work alongside our existing teams across the South East region, working across a variety of sectors with the main aim being to develop a forward order book of opportunities within the South East. Our 2 main offices in the South East are located in Hitchin, Herts and Cobham, Surrey but we also have satellite offices based in Essex, Kent and Sussex. We are looking for someone based in the South East who is willing to undertake regular travel to meet with both customers and our own internal people to promote the benefits of development management solutions.
The key responsibilities of the Development Manager role will include:
- Establishing a development solutions pipeline, working in conjunction with the national lead and regional teams to establish key targets and pipeline opportunities
- Leading the role out of appropriate development models within the South East region
- Engaging and motivating regional teams to buy in and support the development process
- Establishing and creating development management services solutions for customers, and delivering the service through to project completion.
- Undertaking asset management reviews of customers' existing land / assets and developing feasibility studies on how to make best value
- Identifying land suitable for development in line with the development plans of relevant customers
- Identifying and understanding key alternative funding solutions and options
- Leading and managing development opportunity related bids and feasibilities
- Leading development launch meeting and providing client brief packs and programmes
- Creating and maintaining development appraisals on schemes, reporting internally and externally as required
- Generally working closely with regional preconstruction teams to establish deliverable solutions which achieve relevant margin requirements
- Managing relevant consultant relationships on projects to ensure deliverable solutions achieved.
- Identifying risks/opportunities and eliminating risks and optimising returns to ensure that projects evolve to meet and better the financial and programme requirements
- Key account management for key regional development partners / frameworks
- Monitoring and maintaining CRM pipeline for development led opportunities
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* Experience of working in a development related function previously
* A network of customer and consultant contacts
* Experience in running development appraisals.
* Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
* Strong written and verbal communication ability
* Knowledge of funding options and mechanisms
You can be based anywhere within the London & South East patch but must be prepared to travel throughout, depending on your location you may need to spend some nights away from home every week or fortnight.
In return we offer: A competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.