Returner Programme Recruiter, London
FDM is the market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry. We recruit and train Graduates, Ex-Forces personnel and Returners to Work, transforming them into IT and business professionals before deploying them across our client base. We work in partnership with our clients to fill their specialty skills gaps, building a diverse pipeline of talent for the future. With centres across Europe, North America and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
Do you enjoy helping people fulfil their full potential? Are you excited by the prospect of meeting new applicants, building relationships and inspiring candidates to restart their career?
We are currently seeking a Recruiter to join our FDM Returner Programme, called Getting Back to Business (GB2B). This is an exciting and varied role, and the successful candidate will assume a number of responsibilities involving working with the recruitment team, recruitment events and the end-to-end recruitment, placement and on-going support of Getting Back to Business trainees and consultants. Added to this, the successful candidate will also add support and value to our London Returner Consultants throughout their FDM journey.
You will be working as part of the small but exciting Getting Back to Business Team, helping to support the growth of the programme by finding, recruiting and assessing suitable returners to join our GB2B Programme. You must possess impeccable interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work effectively with candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and internal stakeholders across the business. We hold a number of events for this Programme every month, and the successful candidate must be able to plan, coordinate and run these events on a regular basis. The successful candidate must be mature enough to be able to work as part of a small but dispersed team, and be proactive, patient and empathetic in their approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the small team of GB2B recruiters based in London, Glasgow and Leeds
- Work as part of the GB2B recruitment team to work to targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to achieve an agreed number of starters on the GB2B programme
- Review and assess incoming applications to the GB2B Programme
- Full cycle recruitment, from attraction to hire
- Be able to source candidates through various means – online jobs boards, LinkedIn, networking etc
- Establish, build and grow relationships with internal FDM staff through effective communication, consistency and provision of a high professional service
- Gain a thorough understanding of the FDM business model, the GB2B Programme and be able to confidently sell our advantages to candidates
- Conduct telephone interviews
- Organise, facilitate and represent the team at internal and external events
- Accurate and punctual data entry – at FDM this is currently using Jobtrain
- Build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Build and extending social media presence to attract talent to FDM trainee programme A variety of tasks to help support the GB2B returners through their FDM journey
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ recruitment experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the business environment, including recruitment of such areas as Business Analysis, Project Management and IT roles
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrable history of hitting targets
- Initiative, flexibility and a willingness to learn new skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative towards team output
- Professional and outgoing approach
- Extensive administration abilities
Desirable Criteria (not essential)
- Experience of working in a target based environment
- Experience/understanding of the IT industry and “Returner” market