Senior Quantity Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
Our award winning team create space that help businesses succeed. Combining the strength of a national contractor with the skills of a highly experienced design and fit-out team and completing one-off projects up to £40 million + in value.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (5th place) the UK's first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016 & 2019) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from business in the community.
We are pleased to be recruiting a Senior Project Surveyor to join our growing team in the Midlands. Candidates should ideally be able to demonstrate experience of working on projects ranging from £5m - £20m.
You will be joining a supportive company that will develop your career and hope to offer you a career of a lifetime.
You will be responsible for the delivery of the project to meet its financial targets. You need to demonstrate good working knowledge of contract conditions, demonstrate the management of project risks, junior staff, ability to foster productive relationships and can thrive in a fast paced environment.
We spread our risk and work within a number of key sectors including; commercial, medical, government and education and we would look for either specialists or a mix of sector experience.
As the specialist interiors arm of the Willmott Dixon Group we are currently involved in a major structural refurbishment of commercial offices in Birmingham city centre circa £30 million.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Good level of education to include 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, A Levels.
- A high level of organisation and achieving deadlines.
- Maintaining technical knowledge and understanding.
- Providing feedback for new and effective systems and controls for the business.
- Positively reacting to change and assisting in its implementation in the business.
- A track record of successful procurement.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Able to travel independently to work
- Construction related degree.
- Membership or working towards MCIOB or RICS.
You will be able to:
- Recognise your own strengths and limitations, play to your strengths and use strategies to minimise the impact of your limitations,
- Reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve,
- Model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Respond positively and with resilience to setbacks,
- Understand people's needs and motivations and adapt your personal style accordingly.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.