Design Manager - Flexible Working Available
Our award-winning team create space that help businesses succeed. Combining the strength of a national contractor with the skills of a highly experienced design and fit-out team and completing one-off projects up to £40+ million in value.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (5th place) and the UK's first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016 & 2019) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
You will be joining a supportive company that will develop your career and hope to offer you a career of a lifetime.
Willmott Dixon Interiors is currently looking to recruit a Design Manager to join the team based in the Midlands. Candidates should ideally be able to provide leadership and management of design process and allocated resources. Candidate should be contractually astute and be experienced in executing deeds of appointment.
The main role of a Design Manager at Willmott Dixon is to manage the design process, promote integration of disciplines and select, manage and appoint consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services. You will therefore be able to overview, monitor and report on design programmes, and also provide technical support to the bid process.
In addition you will be developing designs that utilise innovative techniques on multiple/complex projects. In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
As the specialist interiors arm of the Willmott Dixon Group, you will be involved on a major structural refurbishment of commercial offices in Birmingham City Centre circa £30 million.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* Proven experience of contracting for at least 4 years or more
* Experience of various forms of construction technology
* Understanding of CAD and Microsoft Office
* Experience of multiple or large scale project delivery
* Experience of reading and interpreting drawings and technical specifications
* Experience of managing specialist designers and managing others in your team
* Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (ONC / NVQ4 etc)
* Appropriate CSCS card
* Able to travel independently to work
* Navigation experience of design package software
* Working towards MCIOB/RICS
* Construction related degree
* You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
* Recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties and redirect people's energy towards a common goal,
* Identify your customers' needs and expectations and strive to deliver them,
* Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding,
* Constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives,
* Find practical ways to overcome barriers,
* Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others,
* Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward
* Make and implement difficult and/or unpopular decisions.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity We are happy to consider flexible working
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets. Willmott Dixon is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community. We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.