Office Administrator - Part Time
We have been a leading figure in publishing for more than 500 years. We have always been a forward-looking organization, maximizing the technology for the day, but the digital revolution is bringing enormous change, fast. That same spirit of adventure and entrepreneurialism is critical to our future success. In a fast changing publishing landscape, OUP welcomes the inquisitive, the inventive, and the ambitious; people who challenge the conventional, and pioneer the possible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To provide comprehensive administrative support for the Higher Education sales management team. To support the sales of Higher Education products, in all formats, direct to institutions and through our retail channels. To be responsible for the Higher Education custom and bundles processes.
- To provide regular reports, sales analysis and general administrative support, including appointment making and diary management, to the Head of Sales and four Sales Managers.
- To manage the Higher Education custom publication process which will involve liaising with sales, editorial and production and providing administration support and progress reports.
- To manage the Higher Education bundle process which will involve liaising with sales, editorial, production and the distribution centre, and providing administration support and progress reports.
- Responsible for monitoring and movement of HE stock. Working closely with Editorial colleagues to avoid stock outs of HE titles. Being point of liaison for all stock movements between warehouse, retailers and branches.
- To support eBook sales by providing information on availability, price and format to the sales teams as well as monitoring usage and as liaising with customer services to raise invoices.
- To reconcile and process digital statements and invoices.
- Key User for HE sales systems and processes.
- High level of computer literacy, experience of using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, and the ability to gain a knowledge of new systems quickly
- Experience of data analysis and a key eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability prioritise and manage a busy workload
We care about work/life balance here at OUP. With this in mind we offer 25 days’ holiday that rises with service, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure (3-days) and a 35-hour working week. We are open to discussing flexibility in respect of working hours and the use of technology to support regular remote working, dependent on role. We also have an on-site gym with subsidised membership fees and a great variety of active employee networks and societies.
We help make your money go further by contributing to your pension up to 11%, offering loans and savings schemes through our partnership with Salary Finance, in addition to travel to work schemes and access to a wide range of local discounts.
Please see our Rewards and Recognition page for more information.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries relating to this role.
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.