Media Services Technician - Flexible Working Available
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains.
Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages.
Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Working as part of the Media Services team, in a busy file delivery department. Fulfilling deliveries to 3rd party TX facilities and external broadcasts. Time management and customer service skills are key to this job.
- Accurately process orders based on business priorities
- Troubleshooting errors and reporting them to the MT-Support team in a timely manner
- Liaise with content operations, programme sales and the promotions team
- Keep up to date with current file formats and technology’s
- Responsible for ensuring all operational procedures are followed
- Training of staff as required
- Writing and updating SOP’s on a regular basis
- Working in the Media Services team as required. You will be expected to have full experience in this area to support the team. Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- Knowledge of MAM systems preferable
- Knowledge of Signiant
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable in an informal environment where teamwork, accessibility and pragmatism are emphasised
- Hold themselves & others accountable for results
- To be punctual
- Ability to identify and prioritise problems and offer alternative solutions
- Full colour vision and hearing