Schroders Personal Wealth - Client Director - Midlands
Schroders Personal Wealth is a new business serving wealth planning needs for Mass Affluent and Affluent clients. It is jointly owned by Lloyds Banking Group and Schroders Plc, bringing together the inherent strengths across both organisations to deliver on a bold medium-term ambition to become a top 3 wealth planning firm in the UK.
Following the launch of the new business, the Client Director will have full responsibility for a regional team of Personal Wealth Advisors who each manage a designated portfolio of on-going client relationships and introductions from across the Group, and ensure all direct reports identify and address clients financial needs, and act in the client's best interest at all times alongside managing a portfolio of clients. It is expected that the Client Director will also manage their own portfolio.
The client director will have knowledge of investments, savings and money management but also possess great people skills.
- Manage a team of Personal Wealth Advisors, undertaking first line supervision and actively managing the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) aiming to ensure all client outcomes are fair.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, conduct meetings with clients in an agreed manner, providing financial advice for new and existing, individual and corporate clients, to review and meet their immediate and on-going financial needs.
- Increase profitability through improved business levels & retention of existing business.
- Assist in the delivery of the regional strategy that drives income, ensures profitable growth and continuous improvement within the Region.
- Diagnose performance issues and ensure that an effective coaching and development strategy, in line with overall business strategy and fair client outcomes, is in place to support the delivery of the regional business plan.
- Execute business plans and processes to facilitate identification and on boarding of clients.
- Ensure business is conducted in a manner consistent with SPW's, procedures and practices and that ethical, legal and regulatory requirements are respected at all times.
- Ensure that current year and longer term financial and business objectives meet required levels of profitability and service standards.
- Use MI to enable client portfolio analysis and drive client acquisition and growth.
- Own and manage the lifecycle of a prospect through to clients, from identification through pipeline management to on boarding, managing the client experience.
- Direct actions to continuously improve the client experience, ensuring that all productivity targets and quality standards are achieved (including asset quality and pricing targets).
- Drive most cost efficient use of resource consistent with client service standards, sales objectives and cost budgets.
- Pro-actively promote a 'High Performance Culture', providing regular coaching and other one-to-one support to direct reports to maximise their immediate performance development, develop longer term potential and quickly identify and effectively manage under performance, behavioural and conduct issues.
- Provide clear direction, coaching and support in daily activities.
- Lead the cultural, behavioural and business changes necessary to achieve the continuous development of a client orientated business, ensuring the effective implementation and exploitation of change.
- Through effective leadership, coaching and management, promote diversity and exemplary management practices in order to define and enhance culture through individual and team performance and inspire positive motivation and commitment of all employees within the team.
- Build awareness of SPW and effectively represent the SPW in the region.
- Operate within accepted SPW risk framework and parameters.
Bachelor Degree (desirable)
Level 4 - Diploma for Financial Advisers
- The Client Director has to have experience of working in senior positions within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment, preferably with financial services.
- Experience as a manager within the financial services industry with a demonstrable record of motivating and leading a high performing team is desirable.
- Experience of providing regulated advice and great client service.
- The suitable candidate will have a proven and successful ability to work with teams across the business in order to maximise the impact of overall business effort.
- Development is key and the job holder must be able to help advisers reach their true potential in terms of productivity and professionalism.
- The position plays a highly collaborative role, interacting with team members, clients, prospects and the business, which will demand clear and effective communication skills in order to facilitate successful client relationships and employee engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships, influence and command the respect of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds.
- The drive to move the business forward, building and sustaining long term performance and capacity.
- Outstanding levels of dedication and work ethic; happy to get stuck into the 'doing' while maintaining a broad view of affairs across the business
- The Client Director must be self-motivated, be a team player and have a passion for team building, be highly organised and be meticulous and detail oriented.
- The successful candidate will be open and welcoming to change, be a creative and strategic thinker, have exceptional problem-solving skills, and have an ability to stay focused in times of uncertainty and stress inspiring the same in the team.
Why you should apply…
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing business
On top of your salary we will also receive a full employee benefits package including medical insurance and pension to name just a few
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
So why not come and talk to us?
Select the Apply Now button to start the conversation…