IT Project Manager
This is a permanent role with a salary of up to £49,000- £52,000 (pro rata’d if necessary) + benefits.
This role is open for job shares also.
Nest is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from all the nine protected characteristics.
The IT infrastructure at NEST is outsourced to a managed service provider, software is mainly SaaS but SharePoint, collaboration and workflow platforms are mainly managed in-house. The in-house IT team is small and you’ll be a key part of it. With your extensive experience of delivering IT you’ll be influencing strategy and architecture decisions in the pre-implementation phases and coming up with solutions to implementation challenges.
You will play a key role in the overall planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing of IT projects. This includes managing, reviewing, and prioritizing the day-to-day project activities with an objective to stay on time and under budget, as well as managing the project resources. Responsibilities also include status and executive reporting, risk management, conflict mediation, project communication management, and stakeholder management. The role will report to the Central Head of Corporate Change/Head of IT.
Experience and technical skills
- Experience of delivering IT projects and/or programmes including via outsourced suppliers A clear understanding of industry standard structured methods for delivering change. Experience of delivering change within ITIL service management Experience of delivering business and projects and/or programmes. A clear understanding of industry standard structured methods for delivering change. Experience of maintaining project, programme or portfolio plans using MS Project (or equivalent planning tool). Ability to determine the best ways of presenting information using a variety of tools. Ability to develop, prepare and improve a range of project documentation in appropriate formats to help stakeholders understand key aspects of the project or programme e.g. process maps, plans on a page, highlight reports, RAID reports and so on. Experience of using MS Excel to manipulate data for analysis and reporting. Experience of agile change management desirable..
Personal attributes required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work in a complex environment in which judgement, confidentiality and discretion need to be exercised. A commitment to team working and team spirit. Attention to detail combined with big picture thinking. A flexible and adaptable approach to work. The ability to prioritise own workload and deliver against demanding deadlines. Self-motivation, drive and determination to deliver results. Intellectually rigorous and enthusiastic approach to work. Rigour in following or improving established processes
Education, qualification and professional membership requirements
- Qualification in Project and/or Agile change management desirable
- Good working knowledge of the MS product suite including Project and Excel.
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint and Project Server (desirable).
- Probably educated to degree level or equivalent.
We are a high performing team within NEST with a mandate to revolutionise our approach to corporate projects and programmes, whilst conforming to industry best practice. This will be a demanding but equally rewarding position, within a friendly, supportive, experienced, and professional team. In exchange for hard work, a flexible and commercial attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done, there will be ample opportunity to both learn new, and hone your existing skills.
Closing date for applications: Monday 11th May 2020