Site Supervisor - Utilities
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
We are expanding our team and looking to take on Site Supervisors to join our Utilities division, working with us on the Waste Water Service Contract. This is an exciting time to join an established team as we look to move into the new AMP cycle and continue to build upon the success we have had in delivering this workstream for over 10 years.
As a Site Supervisor you will play a key role in delivering great service to our customers and client Severn Trent, working on the 24/7 reactive sewer services contract. This role will form part of the Waste Water Team and you will be responsible for managing the daily schedules of work to our customers delivered by our Supply Chain Partners.
As a Site Supervisor you will be responsible for the day to day supervision of our teams, ensuring that all work is delivered safely with the environment and customers are at the heart of what we do.
You will be able to think on your feet and work within a fast-paced environment using your operational experiences to deliver all work to the agreed service levels.
What will this role involve?
- Facilitate the delivery of all works and monitor operational delivery within the network to the required specification and in line with our KPI's
- Provide technical support, working closely with our internal and external teams to meet the recognised standards of quality, compliance and productivity
- Coaching and monitoring onsite health and safety to ensure all work is being delivered safely
- Carry out onsite risk's assessments and take any insight and lessons learnt to recommend continuous improvement initiatives
- Work with your supply chain team and Project Managers to ensure you have the appropriate resource levels to deliver your schedule of work
- Proactively work with our customers to prevent dis-satisfaction
- You will be required to participate in a callout/standby rota.
What are we looking for?
- A responsible team player with a can-do and flexible attitude
- Ability to deliver work in a fast-paced reactive environment
- An excellent understanding and commitment to health, safety, quality and environmental aspects
- Proactively manage customer expectations and be able to deal with customer dis-satisfaction in a professional and empathetic manner
- Ability to communication clearly and work with team members and customers to achieve resolution
- A willingness to undertake competency and continuation training as determined by your own and the company's needs
- NRSWA supervisor
- Confined Space Training
- IOSH / SSSTS / CSCS supervisor
- Emergency first aid
- High pressure water jetting
- EUSR deep excavation
- EUSR safe digging