Snr Azure Server Engineer
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a technical IT Professional who is an experienced Microsoft Azure Engineer to join our IT division in Oxford on a permanent basis. The key purpose of this role is to support our ongoing journey into the Azure cloud, and specifically to develop and support automation of existing IT processes.
What will this role involve?
- Lead the planning, implementation and optimisation of Amey technical infrastructure in Azure.
- To develop and maintain automated monitoring and recovery of server services.
- To act as the third line support for all Azure server related incidents and ensure they are resolved effectively.
- Liaise and work closely with clients to ensure technical solutions are implemented and are fit for purpose.
- Advice to management on technical systems as required.
- Bring new technologies forward from complex to a day to day maintenance activity
- Demonstrate the Amey Values
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Provide supervision and guidance to junior members of the team
- Provide out of hours support to customers for major incidents
What are we looking for?
- Experience designing, implementing, administering, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Servers and Azure infrastructure components. Experienced and ideally MS Certified on platforms including Server 2012, 2016 and 2019, and Azure services.
- Confident in multiple virtual technologies including Hyper-v, VMware and the Azure cloud.
- Experience composing PowerShell scripts capable of efficiently extracting data from and updating Active Directory objects.
- Demonstrable experience Configuring, operating & troubleshooting Active Directory to manage single & multiple domains.
- Experience with virtual server and storage technologies including disk, virtual disk, SAN configuration, tape libraries and controller cards.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and MS Certificate Services.
- Experience managing server infrastructure, including performance and capacity planning of server & storage infrastructure components.
- Demonstrable experience of reviewing and approving changes including risk, priority, and test, regression, back out plans, communication and documentation.
- Experience of working within project teams, particularly for scoping, investigation, requirements gathering and design activities.
- Experience of working effectively and positively in a busy, pressured environment.
- Ability to work with third parties to collaboratively monitor and investigate complex server, storage and data management issues.
- Experience of centrally managed antivirus protection systems, ideally McAfee ePO.
This is a Band C role and attracts a competitive salary, 24 days holiday (plus bans holidays), contributory pension, and access to a range of Amey savings and benefits