Snr IT Engineer (office 365)
Are you seeknig a Senior Office 365 Engineer role? Here at Amey, at our Matchworks office in Liverpool, we have a brilliant opportunity for a Senior O365 Engineer to join our Cloud Services team. We are looking for someone who has lots of experience in support and administration of Office 365. Amey runs a Federated Hybrid Environment and is moving services, but has a cloud first policy, so the candidate also requires experience migrating services from on premises to O365 including Exchange, SharePoint.
What is the purpose of this role?
The key purpose of this role is to exploit the O365 application stack to replace traditional on prem services and provide 3rd line support to the other members of the team. The candidate will also be involved in the design and implementation of projects to improve Amey Cloud services.
What will this role involve?
- Maintaining the health of the Office 365 environment and keeping abreast of new features being released from Microsoft to improve the landscape.
- Support of SharePoint migrations from on-prem to cloud and cloud configuration.
- Support of developers using Dynamics 365.
- Manage both incidents and requests within the Service Management tool, and effectively manage call volumes and escalations.
- Running reports when required by the business, either via the inbuilt reporting in Office 365 or Building PowerShell scripts to achieve the results.
- Responding to any security related issues, such as Spam or Malware infected mail, phishing attacks etc. and manage Amey's security Posture.
- Resolve any issues related to Office 365 or the Hybrid Environment
- Supervision and training of junior support staff.
What are we looking for?
- Experienced in the Office 365 Application Stack, at least 3+ years supporting Office 365/Azure
- Experience in Design & Implementation of New Features or Services in Office 365 / Azure
- Advanced PowerShell Skills essential
- Experience required in AD and AADConnect, and resolving Sync issues between AD and Office 365.
- Solid experience in Azure.
- Experience in Support & Administration of Exchange 2013 (Exchange 2007 nice to have)
- Experience in Troubleshooting Office ProPlus apps, in particular Outlook.
- Familiarity with the ITIL Change Management Process
- MCSA Certification in Office 365
- Experience of working effectively and positively in a busy, pressurised environment.
This is a Band C role and attracts a competitive salary, 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension, 37.5 hour working week and access to a range of Amey savings and benefits