IT Infrastructure Analyst
About AmeyEveryone at Amey works together towards this common aim, which we call our 'Better Places' goal. We're a commercial business which focuses on helping our customers to serve Britain. Making things better every day for people and communities is at the heart of the way we work.Today we are one of the most diverse companies in our sector. So at Amey you can grow in a specific sector or broaden your horizons by applying your skills to a new sector. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
We are currently recruiting for a 'IT Infrastructure Analyst' to work within the central Infrastructure teams in a 3rd line support role. You will be working between Infrastructure teams on a 3 month rotation basis.
This is an excellent, rare opportunity to receive hands on training in many IT areas with the chance to gain invaluable knowledge, skills and expertise to assist in all Infrastructure departments.
What will this role involve?
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support for internal Amey customers for server, networks, mobilisations, software teams through a rotation basis
- Monitor WAN traffic (to highlight potential risk areas)
- Assist users with VoIP technologies (incl. call manager / hunt groups)
- Installation & configuration of software, following specific licensing requirements & by delivering software manually or via SCCM/Citrix. Consistently documenting the processes
- Identify information technology problems and provide solutions through remote assistance
- Assist with planned upgrades of server hardware and software
- Build PC's for multiple rollouts
- Monitor, manage faults (identified from alerts) from detection through to resolution
- Respond to incidents, requests & change through Infra tickets in a timely manner adhering to SL/OLA's / processes
- Liaising with key stakeholders within the business
- Assisting with high priority incidents
- Work effectively in analysing work requests and implementing change requests
- Undertake general 'team' administrative duties as and when required
- Share information to ensure customer needs are met
- Providing excellent customer service at all times either through our internal customer support portal, telephone queries, emails or face to face support.
- Accurate timesheet recording.
- Education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Previous experience of working within a busy Service Desk and IT environment, ideally at a second line level.
- Have good fault finding experience within an IT area
- Enthusiastic and able to act on own initiative
- Demonstrate analytical skills
- Friendly and professional manner
- Conscientious and confident approach to duties with a polite, pleasant and helpful attitude
- Flexible, adaptable and self-starting
- Demonstrates ability to meet targets (i.e. SL & OLA's)
- Good verbal and written communication
- Experience of MS Word and MS Excel and Windows software
- Experience of remote assistance tools
- Experience of using a call logging\Service Management systems
Knowledge of supporting XP, Windows 7, SCCM and Citrix environments
This is a Band B role based in Matchworks, Liverpool. You will receive a competitive salary, 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 37.5 hour working week, pension and access to a range of Amey savings and benefits