ADS IT Exchange Engineer
A rare and exciting role has become available for an experienced and highly skilled Microsoft Exchange/Server Engineer to join Amey's Defence Services division on a permanent basis.
This is primarily an Exchange role but as this is a small team you will be expected to assist with supporting the server and (occasionally) the client estate. There will also be ample opportunities to work across the wider AMEY group infrastructure.
This role is based primarily in Buckshaw, Lancashire but expect occasional travel across the UK mainly to Liverpool as well as occasionally to our Data Centres and our 150+ locations across the UK
What is the purpose of this role?
As the role holder you will be expected to be a confident self-starter, collaborative but authoritative decision maker as well as a critical thinker and capable communicator. You will need to learn fast and work independently whilst having a consultative and innovative approach.
You will also:
- Assist in the planning, implementation and optimisation of the server infrastructure
- Develop and maintain automated monitoring and recovery of server services.
- Ensure all services are correctly and regularly patched
- Ensure the infrastructure never deviates from the accredited design
- Liaise and work closely with the Amey group IT team to ensure technical solutions are implemented and are fit for purpose
- Ensure adherence to industry security governance frameworks/laws (eg ISO27001/GDPR)
- Occasionally work non-core business hours
- Demonstrate Amey Values
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience in supporting a large highly secure/defence enterprise infrastructure
- Critical skills required
- Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Server (to 2016) including Hyper-V
- Windows 7/10
- Desirable Skills
- Office 365
- ForcePoint (Websense)
- System Centre (OM/CM/SM)
- SAN (Hitachi ideally but not critical)
- SharePoint 2010
- CommVault backup
- SOIT MobiControl
- Experience managing complex infrastructures including change management, availability, performance and capacity planning of physical/virtualised server & storage infrastructure components.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and information security principles and how they are applied to a secure environment.
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets.
- Has proven ability to take responsibility for the systems they support
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation
- Able to show leadership and provide mentorship and instruction to peers and junior colleagues
- Demonstrates the ability to translate technical jargon into simple language for customers.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability
- Excellent logical problem solver
- Has the ability to automate repetitive and time-consuming tasks
Salary and benefits
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.