Lead IT Risk Oversight Manager
Are you passionate about getting the right technology, security and controls in place to create an amazing customer experience? Can you inspire and nurture others? Are you an expert in all things related to IT and Information Risk? If yes, then we may have a role for you!
As a Lead Technology & Information Risk Oversight Manager in the second line of defence, you will be responsible for making sure that we have the right systems and controls in place to protect our customers and assets, while creating fans for life. You will support the Head of Operational Risk in leading the development and continuous improvement of Metro Bank’s Operational Risk framework and risk oversight capabilities. As part of your role, you will make sure that Metro Bank’s colleagues receive appropriate advice, support, oversight and challenge to make sure they proactively identify, manage, report and monitor their key IT, Security and Data risk exposures.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the Bank with further developing and maturing our technology, cyber and information risk capabilities through effective second line oversight and challenge
• Making sure management action is undertaken and monitored through to completion to address all key risks
• Working closely with IT Leads and Directors to determine whether control enhancements can be delivered and make sure that there is a collective and common understanding of the Banks risk exposures
• Interfacing with senior colleagues to help drive positive change across the Bank and articulating complex issues in a clear and concise way
• Presenting findings to the business, overseeing production of risk reports for the executive leadership team and risk committees
• Providing support in the development and maintenance of the Operational Risk framework, policies and minimum standards, with a specialist view of technology and information risk
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have experience of working in a senior capacity providing IT or Information Security Risk Oversight and leading a team, preferably within a financial services environment
• We need you to have experience of leading the development of IT and Operational Risk frameworks, policies, systems and processes
• You will have extensive experience of developing and implementing IT Risk processes and tools within an operational environment
• In order to be amazing in this role, you will have experience in providing risk insight and opinion reporting at a senior level
• Experience in third party risk management would be desirable IT or Risk qualifications such as CISM, CISA, IRM Diploma or Certificate would be desirable