IT Portfolio Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
Do you want to work for a Bank who are revolutionising the entire industry? Can you drive a culture of continuous improvement? Do you love championing and embedding agile delivery methods? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an IT Portfolio Manager, you will be leading on a range of IT projects to deliver fantastic service through world class capability. You will provide guidance and assurance to all colleagues within our IT teams, to deliver end-to-end change through the project life cycle. This role sits within our amazing IT team, who look after all the cool existing and upcoming technologies we utilise to create fans!
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading on projects relating to IT change and transformation
• Looking after multiple workstreams through workstream leads and mentoring colleagues
• Building and managing a business plan to track delivery against agreed milestones, as well as delivery risk
• Making sure change is future-proofed to meet our vision and operational adoption is taken into account
• Shaping Metro Bank’s governance guidance and chair forums, influencing colleagues to enable project delivery
• Identifying issues throughout the lifecycle of a project to keep delivery on track
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• We need you to have experience leading high-performing development teams as an IT Portfolio Manager, IT Project Manager or Deployment/Release Manager on projects with values over £10m
• In order to be fantastic in this role, you need to have a good understanding of project management techniques
• It would be great if you have good knowledge on Banking related technologies, and a strong understanding of Cloudera
• You need to have a proven track-record of delivering complex initiatives across the full project lifecycle