Lead Business Change Manager
Do you want to work for a Bank who are revolutionising the entire industry? Can you drive a culture of ensuring change is properly embedded in the organisation? Do you love taking ownership for ensuring projects land effectively? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lead Change Manager, you will be helping to deliver on the transformation plan’s objectives through ensuring that meaningful, sustainable changes are embedded across the bank. You’ll be working on high profile, complex projects and programmes to design and implement change management approaches that ensure we deliver the best outcomes for customers and colleagues. This role will sit in the newly formed Business Readiness Function, which is part of the Change Team, and you will engage with senior stakeholders throughout the bank, including the ExCo.
In addition, you’ll be playing a key role in establishing how Change Management and Business Readiness are managed at Metro Bank - developing the approach and leading Change colleagues and business teams through the journey of embedding this into the way we deliver change at Metro Bank.
So what would you be doing?...
Working with project teams and a wide range of business stakeholders, your responsibilities will include:
• Applying the Change Management Methodology (that you will be supporting to create!) to create a strategy to support implementation and adoption of business changes required by projects
• Ensuring project teams understand how the project will contribute to delivering the strategy and vision, supporting with a future state assessment and alignment with a new Target Operating Model, if required
• Embedding change by working with business change agents, the comms and training teams and project team to ensure appropriate change management, engagement and communications and benefits realisation plans are in place
• Understanding the benefits of a change, monitoring adoption of the change and analysis of performance metrics. May include developing sustainability plans, creating and analysing performance metrics
• Supporting project/programme managers with planning, risk management and dependency management, ensuring alignment with the business case
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• We need you to have experience of managing, implementing, facilitating, and monitoring change on transformational change programmes, with a proven track record of pragmatic and robust delivery of large and high-complexity projects.
• You need to have sound knowledge of the principles and concepts that underpin change management and can advise on a good practice approach to business change.
• You need to have had experience of working with and influencing very senior stakeholders, preferably up to C-suite level
• We need you to have great communications skills – able to inspire and motivate project teams to embed great change management practice into projects and also work closely with senior business stakeholders, helping them to identify and manage impacts to their areas and working with them to ensure the project you are supporting meets their needs. And developing and managing communications and training plans on larger projects.
• It would be great if you had experience of designing and embedding change management tools and methodologies, as well as a good understanding and demonstrable approach to benefits management