Financial Crime Risk Assurance Manager
Are you able to provide advice on all things financial crime? Can you guide and nurture colleagues with policy advice? Do you put your customer’s best interest at the heart of everything you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Financial Crime Risk Assurance Manager, you will look after relationships across the Bank, driving an efficient and simple way of working. You will be responsible for making sure fraud and financial crime policies and procedures are being applied appropriately, whilst always looking for ways to improve processes.
So what would you be doing?...
• Providing oversight and assurance of the front line though sampling, thematic reviews, and data gathering and analysis to ensure that fraud and financial crime policies and procedures are being applied
• Identifying opportunities through assurance work to support the improvement of processes
• Working with colleagues across the front line, assessing their Financial Crime risk and mitigating controls in the areas where oversight is required and providing guidance to our colleagues
• Supporting the development, introduction and completion of project and business solutions against financial crime
• Identifying areas where systemic failures could occur and undertake thematic reviews where appropriate
• Maintaining and developing our Financial Crime policies and minimum standards
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will have an expert knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements for Financial Crime risk areas, including AML/CTF, fraud, ABC and sanctions
• You will have experience in testing, sampling and assurance of processes to mitigate risk
• You need to be able to give colleague’s guidance to meet regulatory requirements
• We need you to have an amazing knowledge of Financial Crime risk-assessment methodology, tools and processes
• In order to exceed in this role, you will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills