Principal Commercial Manager
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To implement commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost to Amey with due regards to CRM and support the business stream in developing and implementing commercial strategies for successfully winning bids and managing post contract activities.
What will this role involve?
- Driving consistency of good valuation/commercial processes both pre and post Contract for contracts valued between £40- £ 90 m p.a.
- Lead or provide commercial support to deliver good p/l results across a portfolio of Contracts or bids as applicable up to a value of £90 m p.a.
- Develop in conjunction with Group procurement good supply chain strategies for winning bids and delivering contracts up to the value of £500m
- Deliver the pre and post Contract opportunity and risk process including mitigation of risk
- Negotiate with key customer interfaces
- Delivering robust commercial solutions in all our bids
- Develop good strategies for further improving cash flows in this part of the business
- Adherence to company policies and processes
- Ability to communicate with client and internally to promote the Amey brand and influence an end result
- Assertive with an ability to retain a good working relationship with bidding teams and customer
- Ability to manage upwards to Account or Business Director and functionally report to Commercial Director
- Support the bid director in winning strategic bids by use of good commercial strategy and process
- Support post contract activity by delivering solutions to discrete post contract strategic issues.
What are we looking for?
- Commercial Degree or equivalent
- MRICS or equivalent
- Working towards FRICS
- Excellent Health & Safety awareness
- Strong commercial acumen
- Detailed understanding of the contract conditions used by the division
- Knowledge of the UK governments' agenda for support services
- Ability to develop and recruit staff
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
Based in Motherwell, this is a Band D role and attracts a competitive salary, 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension, and access to a range of Amey savings and benefits