Site Supervisor - Utilities
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
To assist the Works and / or Construction Manager in delivering allocated tasks safely in accordance with legislation and Amey Procedures to contract specification and programme, while effectively supervising and delivering approved construction tasks to the agreed resource and programme timescales.
What will this role involve?
- Supervise sub-contractors, contract staff and direct labour for allocated site activities
- Carry out performance reviews for direct reports, administering poor performance, attendance management and disciplinary procedures as applicable
- Undertake PDRs and staff development of direct reports
- Adhere to the Amey Essentials as applicable
- Ensure that tool box talks, task briefs and COSS briefs are carried out for all work tasks prior to commencement of work for allocated contracts
- Ensure that all allocated tasks are undertaken in accordance with the planned safe method of working
- Responsible for ordering and receipt of site deliverables, timely returns of goods receipts notices as instructed
- Responsible for ordering and receipt of site plant, including security and timely off-hire as instructed
- Promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with safety responsibility statement below
- The role is one of site supervision and based generally in a site environment. It is a requirement of the role to attend site on a regular basis (including night time)
- Specific Safety Responsibilities
- Assist and support the Construction Manager ensuring project compliance with statutory legislation, Company Standards, and Amey management systems, processes and procedures. These include, but are not limited to, the following: Responsible for ensuring that all planned Safety Inspections are completed in accordance with the approved programme, and that identified actions are closed out in a timely manner. Ensure that adequate and site access and welfare facilities are provided for all work activities and used correctly. Participate in regular monthly safety meeting with Line Manager. Hold monthly safety meeting with direct reports to include monthly cascade safety brief (where applicable). Ensure that accident / incident reporting and investigations are undertaken in a timely manner as instructed and in accordance with the safety management system, and that issues arising are addressed in a timely manner. Ensure that stipulated PPE is worn by all staff in compliance with mandated procedures and legislation. Ensure that mandatory training and competency certification for all site staff are valid and copies available. Ensure that statutory safety and relevant company safety documents are displayed in site cabins and office. Responsible for ensuring that the Ground disturbance procedure / permit to dig is strictly adhered to records kept accordingly. Ensure that all plant and equipment are 'in date' for the allocated task.
What are we looking for?
Able to drive, with a full current and valid driving licence Supervisory Management training / qualification or equivalent with relevant and practical experience (desirable) Proven ability to supervise and lead the site team in the successful delivery of the allocated contracts Computer literacy - Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook Experience of construction management for specific discipline Understanding of planning systems (desirable) Strong interpersonal skills to influence and communicate effectively with site staff and project team
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the submission of accurate site records to enable the effective monitoring of programme and cost plans as requested and to agreed format as applicable.