Commercial Finance Manager
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities, we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
Member of the senior management team in Milton Keynes Waste Recovery Park working as business partner to the Account Director ensuring all financial and commercial deliverables for the account are met.
What will this role involve?
- Manage production of monthly financial and commercial results ensuring compliance with internal and external requirements and providing insightful analysis on variances.
- Partners with Senior Management team to optimise performance.
- Manage production of budgets and long-term forecasts.
- Production and reporting of cash flow forecasts
- Manage risk and opportunity within the Project contract
- Manage risk and opportunity with Supplier contracts.
- Support internal and external audit processes.
- Manage the profit improvement plan, tracker process.
- Review the risk register & assess financial and commercial risk.
- Manage the KPI reporting for client reports & application to payment for any deductions.
- Manage relationship with Ofgem & licensees to reclaim government incentives.
- Monitor supplier onboarding for ethics & fraud within internal control processes.
- Attend client and SPV meetings to ensure deliverables across finance and commercial are met.
- Manage a team of 3 - Commercial Manager, Finance Assistant & Commercial Assistant.
What are we looking for?
To be successful as a Commercial Finance Manager you will be currently working in a similar position and will have experience of managing and motivating a team. You will be CIMA / ACCA qualified accountant with broad post qualification experience in a similar role
You will be good at problem solving, have commercial awareness, be excellent in planning and organising, as well as having good all round financial experience.