Content & Social Media Executive
Do you want to support the Department for Transport recruitment team with our social media content and help us build our very own career's page?
If so we would love to hear from you!
The Department for Transport (DfT) Resourcing Group (DRG) is a core central HR service supporting the central department and DfT’s Executive Agencies. We use our expertise to support in attracting, recruiting and selecting the right people, with the right skills, at the right time, to deliver the Department’s business and strategic agenda.
Our Communications & Recruitment Attraction team produce innovative ways to attract more candidates and people from diverse backgrounds through blogs, social media, video content and traditional job boards. If you would like to join our team on a temporary basis to develop these existing initiatives and build new ones, then please consider applying for this exciting opportunity.
• Help support the delivery of creative content for engaging recruitment marketing campaigns for use with online advertisements and social media channels. This may include working with creative teams and/or creating content.
• Manage the DfT Careers Facebook and Twitter accounts, LinkedIn posting job adverts as requested by the recruitment team.
• To update and maintain content on the HR Extranet and the Civil Service Careers website using WordPress CMS system.
• To assist in content creation exercises of the team, such as the development of our online recruitment guidance and the creation of our new Departmental microsite.
• Supporting the Communications & Recruitment Attraction Officer in the implementation of DfT’s Recruitment Attraction/Communications strategy in line with the DfT brand, through growing and managing online channels and events including extranets, blogs and social media.
• Support in the drafting communications for the DfT Resourcing Group to include presentations, communications plans, materials and reports to support BAU and project delivery
The ideal person will hold proven experience crafting engaging visual and written content for social media and other platforms. You will come with first class verbal and written communications skills with the ability to impact a variety of audiences. Your effective interpersonal skills will allow you to engage optimally and develop strong, lasting working relationships with colleagues and partners. You will have experience of working with website content management systems, i.e Wordpress, Drupal etc.
Our mission at the Department for Transport is ‘connecting people and places’. Everything we do to achieve this is reinforced by our values:
Confidence: to challenge, to take action, to innovate
Excellence: in our professionalism, in our delivery, in our learning
Teamwork: we are inclusive, we collaborate, we support each other
These values define the kind of organisation we want to be – delivering for today whilst being ambitious for tomorrow.
We embrace diversity and celebrate our differences. Everyone is involved in making DfT an inclusive and great place to work. We actively promote a flexible approach to working whilst giving our staff opportunities to maximise their skills and achieve their full potential.
We are different people, one team.