Senior Housing Options Officer
Senior Housing Options Officer
A local Council is looking to recruit an experienced and motivated Senior Housing Options Officer (Prevention & Relief) to lead and manage the work of the Housing Options Officer team. This team is responsible for preventing and relieving homelessness and investigating and assessing the Council’s duties to customers who are homeless under its statutory duties.
Position: Senior Housing Options Officer (Prevention & Relief)
Salary: Grade 8, £33,487 to £36,543 (inclusive of local weighting)
Hours: Full-time 37 hours per week (part-time and job share maybe considered)
Closing Date: Monday 22nd June 2020 at 9am
About the Role
You will be responsible for supervising and monitoring the work of the Housing Options Team and positively lead your team to be creative and innovative in their problem solving to achieve the best possible outcomes for their customers.
The Senior Housing Options Officer will:
- Have experience of housing law and working in a housing options/housing needs service.
- Possess both a methodical and innovative approach and an ability to negotiate practical solutions to assist customers at risk of homelessness.
- Be experienced in investigating the circumstances of customers who approach the Council for advice due to homelessness.
- The ability to communicate clearly with landlords and other accommodation providers, support agencies and other professionals involved with the customer with a focus on homelessness prevention.
A Basic DBS check will be carried out for this post
If you do not hear back within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful. If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
About the Organisation
East Herts is consistently rated as amongst the best areas in the country to live, with excellent schools and healthcare, a huge array of green space, beautiful waterways, unique market towns and picturesque villages. It also enjoys high levels of employment and a diverse local economy.
The vision of the Council is to provide East Hertfordshire residents and businesses with a future that is prosperous and sustainable.
The team is at the very heart of the council – by demonstrating its corporate values of ‘Here to Help’, ‘We work together’ and ‘We aim high’ we make a real difference to our local communities. They are dedicated to staff development and individual success within a team framework.
- A variety of flexible working options available, including part-time working, job share, compressed hours and home working.
- Flexi-time scheme.
- Local Government pension scheme, including death in service benefit.
- Generous annual leave – 25-28 days plus 5 additional days after 5 years’ local government service.
- Discounts at top high street retailers.
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and your development is supported by the council through a combination of corporate training courses, e-learning packages and sponsorship for professional qualifications.
- Excellent wellness programmes.
- Staff forum, staff suggestion scheme and a monthly staff recognition award.
- A dynamic, positive, friendly and supportive working culture.
You may also have experience in areas such as Social Housing, Housing, Housing Officer, Housing Options, Social Housing Officer, Housing Advisor, Housing Advice, Housing Coordinator, Housing Caseworker.