Director, People and Operations Management Expertise Hub
We are following Public Health England’s advice and taking all necessary steps to minimise the risks to our colleagues, their families and the wider public. Our systems are designed to be operated remotely and our staff are working from home. We expect this role to be based remotely initially with an option of being based at either our London or Newcastle office in due course.
This is an exciting time to be joining the National Audit Office (NAO). We are currently implementing our new strategy following wide-ranging review into the role and purpose of the NAO.
Background and Context
This role is one of six senior roles which lead our expertise hubs and will play a key role in improving the use of knowledge within our organisation and communicating what we know with the outside world. We are looking for a director of our People and Operations hub to lead in this important area for our work, bringing together insights from within the NAO, across government, and from international practice. This is an opportunity to help shape one of our strategic priorities at an important and challenging time for public services in the UK.
The main purpose of the role is to lead one of our new expertise hubs, specialising in People and Operations Management. This hub focuses on all aspects of managing government operations with people issues being a particular focus.
- Leading the core People & Operations Management hub team, as a centre of expertise, knowledge and support
- Developing a network or community of practice across the NAO to help draw together and develop insights and knowledge about People & Operations Management across government
- Be a credible and effective thought leader both in and outside of the organisation
- Lead effective hiring, on-boarding, management, and development of core team members as required, and contribute to wider NAO recruitment and development
For full details of the role responsibilities, please refer to the full job description below.
The people we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate expertise and significant experience of organisational leadership – particularly within people and/or operations functions
- Experience of leading a range of strategic and/or corporate functions and of being part of the senior leadership team of a complex organisation
- A successful track record of co-ordinating operations or leading people in a complex organisation, with a clear understanding of what it takes to deliver effective public service
- For full details of the skills and capabilities, please refer to the full job description below.
Please submit an up to date version of your CV, along with a covering letter, setting out briefly why you are suitable for this role.
The closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 24 June 2020.
We expect interviews to take place and for the selection process to be completed by mid-July. Further details of the selection process will be given to shortlisted candidates.
The NAO supports flexible working and is happy to discuss this with you at application stage.
Please note, you must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.