Formulation Scientist, Innovative Parental Development
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Overview Of Department:
An essential component of Pfizer at Sandwich, our Pharmaceutical Sciences function supports Pfizer's early to late stage portfolio translating new chemical entities into commercial drug products. Pharmaceutical Sciences at Sandwich is a fully integrated Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls capability that encompasses state of the art active pharmaceutical ingredient synthesis and drug product design as well as a cGMP manufacturing and clinical trials supply chain. Within Pharmaceutical Sciences, the Innovative Parenteral Product Development (IPPD) department utilizes expertise in analytical chemistry, materials science, formulation design and process understanding to deliver innovative new parenteral medicines.
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We are seeking a Computational focused Product Development scientist, to work in a team environment (under supervision of a team leader) engaged in the computational application of digital tools to the design, development, analysis and characterisation of parenteral pharmaceutical dosage forms. You will be involved in both computation and laboratory/pilot plant 'hands-on' activities, working in IPPD on assigned drug product and technology projects.
Apply informatics for data capture, analysis and visualisation.
- Implement established computation tools into project work-flows and promote portfolio delivery.
- Apply a model first approach where possible to guide the design of improved scientific experiments.
- Contribute to / be responsible for planning, generating and delivering high quality scientific experimentation and data to promote the timely progression of parenteral dosage forms for novel drug candidates (which may include formulation design, technology and process development, and associated analytical assessment).
- Meet established project deliverables and stakeholder needs, maintaining quality and reporting findings either verbally or in written format including accurate, timely entries are made in e-laboratory notebook system according to accepted good practice, both within IPPD and the wider Pharmaceutical Sciences project team. With guidance of project team members, evaluate, interpret and report results.
- Develop and maintain a contemporary in-depth appreciation of the data sciences and computational methods of parenteral pharmaceutical dosage forms development togethewith a regulatory awareness, and apply this knowledge to development of assigned drug candidates. Communicate within the IPPD team the results of literature searches and other areas of active learning to promote project development.
- Expand comprehension of computational pharmaceutics / interactions with colleagues in wider Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ensure familiarity / compliance with appropriate data integrity practices and appropriate safety and quality documentation (SOPs, instruction manuals, risk assessments, etc).
- Under the mentorship of subject matter experts, your existing knowledge will be enhanced through engagement in a program of dynamic learning and training tailored to accelerate your contribution timely progression of the parenteral portfolio through generating and delivering high quality data analytics and visualization of key scientific workflow outputs
- Degree(or equivalent qualification) in computational science, pharmaceutical or allied scientific discipline.
- Familiarity of applying computation tools in a research and development setting.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let's start the conversation! We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms - allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.