Why join our team?
The People Team covers the People Management of over 1100 colleagues in Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd and the European Headquarters, based in Chertsey. As a wider team of 30 the team is busy, fast paced, energetic and pressured. However, with that comes a great sense of achievement, the space to bring fresh ideas and learn fast along with being enabled to work with many varying aspects of the business and people within it.
The Recruitment team is responsible for the end to end recruitment for all vacancies within Samsung’s Europe Office and UK subsidiary. We are looking for a Recruitment Manager to lead the team on a maternity cover basis.
Role and Responsibilities
What will this role achieve?
You will have ownership of and be responsible for all Recruitment activity of Samsung UK & Europe Office; attracting and engaging with the best talent in the market at an optimum cost to enable the business to meet its objectives.
You will be responsible for managing the recruitment team, setting objectives, leading the team meeting rhythm and overseeing the overall end to end recruitment cycle for SEUK, EO & RPMs.
You will be responsible for senior hire recruitment across all business areas as well as managing recruitment at all levels for specific teams and divisions.
You will be the escalation point for any queries from our managers, agencies or candidates.
What will be your key deliverables?
- You will lead the recruitment team and set the 2021 strategy for the team
- You will be responsible for continuously evolving our end to end recruitment process
- You will be responsible for managing, tracking and reporting key recruitment metrics and setting these targets for the team
- Lead the relationship with our Shared Service Centre (SSC) for Recruitment for the UK
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all documents issued by the team are issued correctly; this includes but is not limited to employment contracts and offer letters
- Working proactively with our People Advisors, you will be responsible for ensuring all of our new starters are compliant with UK Right to Work
- You will be responsible for ensuring our Agency terms of business are correct, update and compliant with legal
- You will continue to evolve the team to work digitally and remain ahead of competitors for candidate experience
- You will be responsible for supporting the training team, on behalf of the recruitment team, to input in to our Manager Capability programme
- Work closely and collaborate with the other Centres of Excellence (COE) on wider People Team initiatives
Skills and Qualifications
What do we need for this role?
- You will be a brand advocate for Samsung and its employer brand
- Experience using Workday is preferred but not essential
- You will have recent and relevant industry experience operating at a Recruitment Partner/Recruiter/Recruitment Consultant level with extensive experience recruiting temporary and permanent vacancies at all levels
- You will be commercial in your way of thinking and have a desire to learn our business and want to stay up to date with our ever changing direction, product launches and new categories
- You will have extremely high attention to detail and comfortable with using and manipulating data – specifically for drafting and checking employment contracts and tracking the team’s metrics for reporting purposes
- You will have solid experience in recruiting senior level positions and working with Senior Directors and Vice President level stakeholders
- You will have strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, liaising with Department and Division heads for any escalation purposes
- You will be a strong people manager, managing a small team within a fast paced environment
- You will have knowledge of basic employment law including Right to Work in the UK, Temporary Workers (specifically Agency Worker Regulations), and contract law
- You will be a collaborative team member, have excellent relationship-building skills and have highly tuned communication skills
- You will think and act digitally in all you do
What does success look like?
- A driven approach to constantly improve, evolve and change ways of working for the better
- A passion for setting, tracking and reporting on metrics; an eye for data and detail
- An appetite to lead and develop a team
- Strong decision making skills when under pressure and knowing how to navigate a complex business environment
- A curious mindset with a hunger to always learn more
- To be comfortable working under pressure, demonstrating resilience and often to tight and changeable timescales
- To be able to converse with and understand business pressures at every level of the business
- Think and act commercially
- To analyse and understand the sales performance, balance sheet and target levels
- To be able to cope with a highly demanding, complex and challenging business model
- To be able to work independently as required but be collaborative and contribute to a team ethos
- To be comfortable with conflict
- Verbally articulate
- To work with and be comfortable with working with constant agility and pace
- To have a commercial mind-set and approach, thinking about the broader view