Senior HR Business Partner
Why join our team?
To join a team of highly experienced and commercial Business Partners to partner a specific business area(s) within the Company in SEUK and Europe Office (EO). This role is challenging, demanding and time pressured on a daily basis but will look after a highly motivated team of people with challenging sales targets. This role will contribute to the development and implementation of the SEUK People strategy and reports to the Head of People Business Partnering.
Role and Responsibilities
What will be your key deliverables?
- To business partner with business leaders and senior leadership teams on the full people ‘in life’ cycle from Day 1. Be part of leadership management meetings and contribute to business strategy.
- Write and execute Strategic People Plans for relevant business areas with Senior Leaders.
- Undertake organisational change and restructuring projects as the business need arises.
- Leading and managing restructures and redundancies as per legal requirements for consultation.
- To liaise with all levels within the business area from VP, Director and Manager level.
- To collaborate and partner closely with Centres of Excellence (COEs).
- To undertake a comprehensive talent review for relevant business areas, working closely with the Head of People Business Partnering and COEs as part of broader Talent Management framework.
- Lead and direct the delivery of the relevant people strategies in line with the SEUK and EO business strategies, including standards and frameworks across all HR disciplines (organisation design and resource planning, organisation development / culture, learning and development, employee relations, talent management and succession, performance management, recruitment, reward and recognition and policy).
- Provide coaching to managers and leaders and advise and guide relevant business leaders on people issues to enhance their ability to deliver their people strategy.
- Work with the leadership team to set cascaded business objectives and ensure leadership capability is optimum and development plans are in place for leadership teams.
- Programme manage complex change and transformation projects within business stream (e.g. M&A, disposals, re-organisations), coordinating the activities of other People Team resource as required.
- Partner with senior managers to drive the full scope of the talent agenda -including succession planning, and drive the subsequent development actions, through L&D to ensure the availability of talent both within the business stream and across the UK subsidiary. Provide local intelligence about talent and High Potential individuals for inclusion in talent management plans.
- Drives activities to improve the Company’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP), employee experience and employee engagement across the business stream.
- Lead the review and analysis of Employee Opinion Survey results, and coach business managers and co-create action plans to enhance employee engagement.
- Drive the delivery of the annual organisational effectiveness review, as part of business planning, to challenge the status quo and ensure the local organisation is fit for purpose to deliver its strategic objectives, as well as maximising efficiency.
- Identify strategic resourcing requirements (including current and projected skill / capability gaps) and work with leaders to develop and execute meaningful workforce plans.
- Coaching junior colleagues.
Skills and Qualifications
What do we need for this role?
Builds strong relationships: has a strong track record of credibility in the business and seen as a trusted advisor. Coaches to get the best outcomes.
Begin and ends with the customer: personally role models that consumers are the reason why we have a business; places the achievement of excellent consumer solutions at the heart of SEUK and EO.
Track record of making change happen: can successfully manage and implement change programmes by using strong change management and project management skills.
Handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence; role models honest and respectful feedback and with integrity; strong at managing multiple stakeholders; comfortable in the absence of direction.
Thinks and acts commercially: has strong business acumen and commercial awareness to assess commercial or financial risk, people implications and develops solutions.
Data Analytics: uses strong analytical skills and intuition to analyse data and interpret business insights and trends. Uses data to support decision making and develops the best solutions.
Excellent collaborator and influencer: has a track record to engage, inspire and influence people.
HR Mastery: strong technical HR knowledge and it’s practical application.
Team Collaboration: naturally works well across wider People Team, understanding that we are stronger working together than as individuals.
Experience and Education:
- Able to demonstrate strong HR Business Partner experience in a fast paced and highly commercial business
- Chartered MCIPD or at least CIPD level 7
- Experience of working in an Ulrich model with COE’s
- Strong and relevant experience of Talent and L&D
- Experience of working in an ambiguous and fluid culture, working at pace with challenging deadlines and shifting priorities
- Experience of working within other Korean or Japanese cultures advantageous.