IT Operations Lead Engineer - Transition
Do you love implementing new technologies into live-production? Would you like to be an integral part of Metro Banks IT transformation project? Are you a leader when it comes to embedding an agile working environment? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lead Transition Engineer, you will support the IT Projects Operations Manager in looking after the deployment of new technologies into live operations environments. You will work across our Linux and Windows platform to deliver on projects that will help improve Metro Bank’s technology capabilities. You will support your colleagues with all third line queries, and make sure all final tests are in order before everything goes live!
So what will you be doing…
• Owning the transition life cycle, and making sure processes are clear and easy to follow
• Taking responsibility for Operational Acceptance Testing
• Determining the resilience and recovery of new applications going into production
• Working closely with project and portfolio managers to define requirements, process and timescales
• Monitoring and troubleshooting our Linux and Windows operating server
• Documenting procedures and making sure current procedures are up to date
• Delivering key projects to help us improve our capabilities to create fans
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You need to have in-depth experience as an IT Operations Engineer, with a strong background in delivering complex transition programmes
• To be amazing in this role, we need you to have excellent knowledge around Jboss, Tomcat, and be able to Bash script
• In order to excel in this role, you will be able to demonstrate excellent automation and configuration skills
• We would love for you to be able to showcase your skills with DevOps tools
• It would be wonderful if you have experience working within the financial services sector but this is not essential