Compliance & Assurance Manager – Strategic Services
As a result of strong growth within L&Q’s development division we currently have a vacancy in our development strategic services department for a Compliance Manager.
Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance and Assurance you will be responsible for ensuring compliance within key activities across two development regions, London and Counties. This position requires a candidate who is capable of thinking and planning on a strategic basis, advising and supporting colleagues across the development division of L&Q. You will need to be able to effectively prioritise issues/projects and be able to work under pressure to meet targets.
The successful candidate will be able to meet the following criteria:-
- Previous experience of working in a similar role preferably within a housing environment
- Experience with the implementation of quality management systems
- Experience of undertaking internal audits
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build relationships, both internally and externally with key stakeholders
- Ability to influence decisions by providing professional and commercial recommendations for business improvements
- Excellent influencing and reporting skills with ability to quickly build and maintain confidence and credibility with Senior Management
- Excellent analytical, interpretation and problem solving skills
- Assisting other members of the team as required ensuring a coherent and standard approach is maintained.
- The ability to write documentation to a very high standard
We are seeking an individual who is organised, driven and enthusiastic and who is passionate about improving standards, quality of service delivery and is committed to continuing personal and professional development.
If you believe you have the qualities we are after, and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 24 days holiday rising to 28 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.