Finance Business Partner
12 month maternity cover
Central Birmingham (first class train pass included)
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Following on from the award of West Midlands Trains franchise, we are dedicated to giving people and businesses the rail service they’ve always wanted. We’re investing £1 billion into the region’s network, providing new and smartly refurbished trains, better stations, extra benefits and cheaper travel. London North-western Railway (LNR) and West Midlands Railway (WMR) are 2 new rail brands to the UK rail market, operating since December 2017.
This is an exciting time to join the franchise as a Finance Business Partner predominantly supporting the Commercial and Customer Experience teams. The impacts of COVID-19 are proving particularly challenging and the exposure to this is particularly prominent in this role. WMT are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who can hit the ground running during a time when change is the only certain!.
As a member of the Finance Team within West Midlands Trains you will report to the Head of Finance Planning & Analysing Head.
Your role will require you;
- To provide insight driven analysis of business activities to improve business performance.
- To carry out period end procedures including raising and posting journals to produce departmental profit and loss accounts.
- To build budgets and forecasts that consider current and future business performance and are consistent with the future strategy of the business.
- To provide accurate, timely and relevant management information to budget holders.
- To provide support to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis as required.
Some of your Principal Accountabilities will be to:
- Gain detailed knowledge of relevant business activities and sales/cost drivers to continually develop reporting in order to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Responsible for producing period end departmental management accounts and reporting to the appropriate directorate.
- Build good working relationships with directors, managers and staff and provide them with management information and analysis based on insight and enquiry.
- Be responsible for influencing, deriving, justifying and reporting the business’ corporate plan and quarterly rolling forecasts for respective business areas.
- Manage and provide support to managers and directors to ensure funds for budgeted activities and projects are approved and projects are delivered as planned.
(Please refer to the JD attached for full job descriptions)
In addition to a competitive salary West Midlands Trains offers a wealth of benefits including free first class travel on Abellio trains for you, your partner and dependent children, 75% discount on other train travel over most of the UK rail network, access to an Employee Recognition and Benefits Platform, development opportunities to help further your career with West Midlands Trains, and a defined benefit salary pension.
Applications will be considered from internal colleagues after completion of their 6 months probationary period. A full check of absence, performance, disciplinaries and safety incidents will be considered when sifting applications.