Head of Resident Involvement and Accountability
“Do you believe listening to customers helps drive up performance and improve service? Yes? Well, that’s a good start.
We’re a housing association – and we’re looking for someone who can put our residents at the heart of our decision making and scrutiny functions. We want someone who can help us refresh our approach to involving residents.
That someone will combine both vision and experience. They’ll develop the right ways to find the right customers with the right skills – and then get the best from them. They’ll need to be as comfortable working at board level as with individual residents and grass roots resident organisations.
In this role you will be setting up and developing a new approach to making sure the voice of residents is at the heart of decision making in one of the UK’s largest social landlords and developers of new properties. We see this role as being central to the good governance of the organisation so this is a senior role sat in L&Q’s corporate centre but will be expected to build strong networks of influence around the whole of L&Q and beyond.
Housing experience is not essential but to be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of principles of good governance and provide evidence of taking a leading role in governance structures to facilitate accountability to stakeholders
- Evidence of planning and delivering programmes of engagement with diverse groups to ensure that this engagement influences decision makers
- A strong track record of stakeholder management gained in a public facing environment
- An ability to interpret customer insight data and commission appropriate research
- People management and leadership skills – especially honed to working in matrix management arrangements
- Creative thinking and ability to develop the role of technology in engagement
- Good communication skills
- Organisation and planning skills to a high level
- Empathy and diplomacy
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experiences
We expect this will be a two stage interview and assessment process, with candidates shortlisted for the second stage expected to meet senior stakeholders.
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
COVID 19: L&Q have a dedicated pandemic response team reacting to the current situation. The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Safe requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.