Do you want to play a huge part in helping to increase public understanding, breaking down the stigma of dementia and supporting our vital work to overcome it? We’re looking for Community Speakers to get active in their local area as ambassadors for Alzheimer’s Research UK
Location: Can be based anywhere across the UK
Time: As much or as little time as you can! It’s up to you how involved you want to be
As a Community Speaker for Alzheimer’s Research UK, you’ll be playing a huge part in helping to increase public understanding, breaking down the stigma of dementia and our vital work to overcome it.
You’ll also be involved in important activities and opportunities including giving talks to local organisations and community groups in your local area, acting as an ambassador for Alzheimer’s Research UK. Either way you can rest assured that you’ll be fully supported by your Regional Fundraising Officer and given full training and all the resources you need.
What will I be doing?
- Giving talks to local organisations and community groups in your local area
- Attending cheque presentations
- Making thankyou speeches
- Posing for photographs on our behalf
- Helping supporters feel appreciated
In return, as one of ARUK’s fantastic community Speaker you’ll benefit from:
- Becoming part of a movement to defeat dementia
- The opportunity to develop your leadership, communications, fundraising, PR and organisational skills
- Slides, information and updates on dementia and the work of ARUK
- Public speaking guidance
- Having your expenses paid within agreed guidelines
You do not need to have previous volunteering experience, ideally you will bring with you some of the following:
- An interest in Alzheimer’s Research UK and the work that we do
- Good communication skills
- Great organisational skills
- Honesty and reliability
- A passion and enthusiasm!
If this sounds like you and you’re looking for an opportunity that is fun and rewarding, then apply today!