Service Now Developer
Lloyds Banking Group is aiming to be both the best bank for customers as well as the bank of the future - where we can meet ever-changing customer needs and help Britain prosper.
A key driver to us achieving this would require a shift towards new approaches to developing the systems and applications that underpin the Bank. We're looking to reduce the overall IT estate while growing its capability by exploiting cutting edge tools.
What you'll be doing?
Our Service Now engineering team are responsible for the ongoing support of the Service Now platform in relation to innovation, roadmap, governance and health (upgrades) of the platform. The platform currently hosts the ITSM, HR, APM and GRC.
The Developer will be a core member of the Service Now engineering team and is responsible for implementing platform solutions that are aligned to the overall platform design principles and strategy, working alongside the Platform Lead SME and other developers within the team in a highly collaborative environment.
You'll understand all technical aspects of the implementation including:
- Service Now Solution architecture understanding (desirable, but not essential)
- Application UI
- Process and solution integration.
- Workflow design/configuration.
- Proven experience as a technical resource working on the development of Service-Now solutions (essential)
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL technologies
What skills you'll bring?
You'll be self-motivated with a proven track record in ITSM technologies and comfortable in the multifaceted atmosphere of a technical organisation with a rapidly growing customer base. In addition, you'll be organised and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment. You'll also demonstrate commercial experience of working within an agile environment.
You'll also have/demonstrate:
- Experience of ServiceNow implementations
- Preferable experience with other ITSM software (BMC, Landesk, Cherwell, Heat, Axios, HP,etc.), but not essential
- Decisive, creative, analytical and proactive thinking with Effective communication and relationship management
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Knowledge of web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations and priorities.
- Demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a successful implementation within a Scrum/Agile Team and Structure
What you'll get in return?
You'll enjoy an over and above diverse role with lots of challenges to relish, and we'll ensure you get real stretch so that you benefit from wider career opportunities and progression.
We're passionate about diversity in our workforce and genuine about providing equal opportunity and are able to accommodate elements of flexible working to suit you.
We'll also provide you with a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive base salary
- A performance-related share bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- A flexible benefit fund to suit your lifestyle
- Paid overtime and on call allowance
- Private health cover
- 30 days holidays (plus bank holidays)
So if this sounds like your ideal next role and you have the leadership, skills and background we are seeking then get in touch, we would like to hear from you...
***Pay range for this role is between £46,000pa and £63,000pa. The role can be based out of Halifax, Edinburgh or London. For London applicants the base salary will be reflected accordingly*****