Are you a terrific negotiator with a flair for influencing? Do you consider yourself a commercial animal, at ease working on deals across all categories? Would you like to work for the fastest growing Bank in Britain? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Our Procurement team lead the sourcing of Metro Bank’s major new capabilities and strategic contracts. You will lead on game changing procurement projects for the Bank - displaying the flexibility, intellect and commercial ability to work across all categories. You will also work closely with the Director of Procurement & Supplier Risk to develop the team’s capabilities as we continue to grow.
So what would you be doing?...
• Procuring across multiple categories including IT, Digital, Operations, Services, Facilities and HR
• Working with the business to shape requirements and engage best of breed suppliers
• Running flexible commercial processes in a bimodal world – recognising that a one size fits all approach isn’t always the best way to get results
• Leading commercial assessment and contracting of deals
• Influencing across the Bank up to and including the leadership team
• Working closely with the Supplier Risk team
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• It would be really incredible if you have experience within the IT / technology space
• Naturally you will have some experience of procurement across multiple categories
• In order to really exceed in this role you will be used to managing complex projects
• It would be great if you are currently working for a consultancy, or in Financial Services and used to banking processes, systems, technology and operations
• You will have strong influencing and leadership skills, with the gravitas to negotiate credibly with suppliers and engage with executive management colleagues at Metro Bank
• Be results driven with a track record of achievement, while adaptable in the face of adversity